CONSERVATORY OF AGRICULTURAL MACHINERY OF PONT-DU-CASSE
The Conservatory of Agricultural Machinery of Pont-du-Casse, 4 km from Agen, South West of France, was created in 1987 by Gilbert Fongaro, farm machinery dealership and then mayor of Pont-du-Casse. Financially supported by the General Council of Lot et Garonne, the purpose of the Friends of the Museum Association is to preserve the museum and the rich agricultural heritage of this region.
The collection includes about a hundred tractors, mostly restored, approximately 60 models ranging from 1940 to 1960. Many come from other countries : USA, Great Britain, Germany, Italy and even Eastern countries. Many of them are issued from the Marshall Plan (1947-1951). There are seven crawler tractors.
This conservatory Agricultural Machinery will visit no more than on appointment. Should be large investments to make it known and displayed for normal visit, but it would be unlikely to become profitable. The General Council has decided to put it on sale soon.
Photos of the museum, royalty-free, were taken by J. M. Maclou on July 22, 2015 in Pont-du-Casse.
Commenting now closed